Responsible packing: reusable totes are replacing paper and plastic
Here are some tips from reusablebags.com on how to become a more eco-friendly shopper:
• Pledge to use your own reusable bags and persuade your friends to do the same.
• If you buy reusable bags, use them: Put a note on top of your grocery list reminding you to take the bags with you to the market.
• Persuade stores to offer credit for using your own bag.
• Realize that paper is not necessarily a better alternative. Trees must be cut down, and paper mills can pollute.
• If you belong to an environmental or community organization, lobby to have the plastic bag issue added to the agenda.
Link: Responsible packing: reusable totes are replacing paper and plastic